When it starts getting a little frosty or you’ve come home from a long stroll in the fall I love to curl up on the couch with some good old hot chocolate. What makes this recipe even better is that it salted caramel which is my ultimate weakness …drool**.
Yield: 2 servings
What You’ll Need:
- 16 oz milk or cream (you can also use a combination)
- 4 oz dark or milk chocolate chopped (I prefer dark because I never really like the bitterness taste of dark)
- 4 oz caramel chocolate chopped (you can use Caramilk, or Hershey’s or if your not in a rush you can make your own caramel sauce)
- 2 pinches of salt
- In a small sauce pan heat 8 oz of milk, 4 oz chocolate, and a pinch of salt.
- Once melted whisk in the remaining milk and caramel chocolate.
- Continue whisking until the entire mixture is warmed through and smooth in texture.
- Serve with a little whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Now in order to make this moment perfect I would need a fireplace, but instead I’ll have to opt for watching some good old TV. Enjoy!