I came across this recipe on a blog called Sweet Designs and thought it looked really cute and also sounded very appetizing. After trying the recipe at home I knew I had to share it with all of you! It is a little bit more involved but the results are worth it!
Makes 6 8-ounce drinks
What You’ll Need:
- 5 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped and reserved, or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz, good-quality white chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup rum
- Whipped cream for garnishing
For the Snowman Stirrer:
- 12 marshmallows
- Edible markers
- 6 mini Oreos Cakesters
- 24 6-inch strands winter blue coloured yarn
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cinnamon, cardamom, and vanilla seeds. Bring the milk to a boil, then remove from the heat and set aside for 15 minutes, allowing the spices to steep in the milk as it cools.
- Strain the milk to remove the spices, and then return it to the pot. Add the white chocolate and rum. Heat the milk until the white chocolate has melted, stirring with a wooden spoon. When ready to serve, ladle into mugs and top each with a dollop of whipped cream. Tuck a snowman stirrer in each and serve!
- To make the snowman stirrer, make a face on the marshmallow using edible markers. Slide it onto a stick and add another marshmallow, pushing the stick through so that it comes out the other side. Slide an Oreo Cakester onto the stick just far enough to catch it. Tie the yarn around the seam where the two marshmallows meet.