These unique napkin holders are a great way to give your table setting a rustic yet elegant sentiment, and the best part is that you can make them yourself!
To make these at home you will need:
- Cotton or linen napkins
- Small paintbrush
- White spray paint, available at craft stores
- Dried sweetgum fruits
- Metallic cord, or any time of rope
- Glue gum
1. Wash and dry the napkins to remove sizing, which can cause paint to adhere poorly.
2. Paint napkin edges using brush. Let dry completely, 2 to 3 hours. Flip napkins, and paint other side.
3. Heat-set paint (ironing is the most common method) according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Napkin Holders How-To
1. Lightly spray-paint sweetgum fruits; let dry.
2. Cut cord into 12-inch lengths. Dab hot glue into openings of 2 sweetgum fruits, and insert end of a cord into each. Repeat to make additional ties. Let dry.
3. Wrap cords around folded napkins.